Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Ms. Vigil!!!

Her Custom - Designed Apple "Teacher" Cake
Ms. Vigil (or at other times known as my roommate, dear friend "Ang," and co-worker),
 had her 22nd Birthday yesterday!
Angeleen has absolutely been a "God-send" to my life and Agape Christian Academy.
After needing another teacher for this year and her constantly being on my mind, I contacted Angeleen to see if she would come teach here in Honduras for 1 year, even though she had one year left to finish her Degree in Education from  Oral Roberts University. 
The offer was this: We would help with her plane ticket, she would have a place to stay, I would be her roommate, first month's living expenses taken care of, and a classroom waiting for her in an exceptional,  
bi-lingual school. 
Only catch - She needed to move her life to Honduras in 5 days!
After a series of miracles, Angeleen has been here faithfully serving her Fourth Grade Class at Agape Christian Academy for the past 9 months while finishing the majority of her degree at ORU online.
What a blessing she is to our lives. We love you Angeleen!!!!

Teacher Theme Table Centers

Absolutely Surprised

She Just Can't Believe it -  And That Makes Us Happy :)

Enjoying Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment