Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Greatest Miracle - Salvation

I was blessed with the opportunity to be a part of personally leading someone to Christ last Thursday!
We had a weekend conference with the Apostle/ Reverend Terry Mize - What a powerful man of God!
Our focus as a church for many weeks has been on saving souls.
The Bible instructs us that "He who wins souls is wise" (Proverbs 11:30 ) and we should store up our treasure in heaven where neither thieves steal nor moths destroy, and where it will last for eternity. (Matthew 6 : 19 - 21)
Further, our cell group leader encouraged us last Saturday that WE have a role to play in preparing the second coming of Christ.

"14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end I will come." Matthew 24: 14

After and only AFTER the gospel is preached to the world, will Jesus return for His people, His church. WE have a part to play. All this emphasis on God's heart for people to know Him has stirred up a hunger in my heart  to be a part of bringing people to Jesus.
Whose life will I touch? Who will share their testimony to others of how they came to Christ and somehow I will be a part of it?

Well, I'm happy to say now Rosa Maria can.

We were at the Terry Mize Conference Thursday night and he was inviting anyone to come to the front of the church to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Many people went up, however, I started looking around to see if there was anyone else.
I saw a girl with her head down, crying, two rows behind me. I wasn't sure if I should go talk to her, but after a little encouragement, I did. It was so clear the presence of God was moving in her heart.

Thankfully my Spanish has greatly improved, because I was able to have a conversation with this young girl about my age. She had stopped going to church a while ago and now wanted to give her life back to Christ, but was afraid she would be losing something too great.
 After explaining how through Jesus, we are given EVERY spiritual blessing and nothing that we need will go unmet through Him when He is our Savior....
That is exactly what she did. With a little help from a translator, I was able to lead Rosa Maria to the Lord!

What a miracle - the miracle of a new spirit, completely washed and clean, forever to be in heaven with Jesus!
The translator is another missionary here and she even knew of  a cell group Rosa Maria can be a part of here right in her own neighborhood. God is so good!!

I believe sometimes is only takes eyes to see and look for those who need Jesus.
What a shame it would have been if Rosa Maria had come to church, but because she was too afraid, and because she had no one to walk to the front with her, she left church that night lost, without a Savior, and without a friend.
I would encourage you today to step out and give God room to move through you. You just never know what life you'll touch, what soul you'll save, or What God can do!

2 comments:

  1. http://iridf.org/2011/05/11/control-real-sinn-fein-members-roam-countryside/

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrong link my bad how about just like www.iridf.org k???

    double bday party for my sisters tomorrow btw I haven't seen my mom in like months :(

    <3

    ReplyDelete