Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fourth Grade Spelling B

One of the most important things to a student at Agape Christian Academy is if he or she is able to compete in the annual Agape Spelling B. The competition is usually high, because some students have been involved in the contest for several years running. 
In order to choose the contestants, each class has a Spelling B to determine who will represent the school. My class had our Spelling B this past week and some of my students were really nervous. As a result, one of my students Katherine, said the cutest thing:


It was her turn to spell the word towards the end of the Spelling B. Her word was "accomplish."
After hearing the word, she replied, "Can you repeat that Miss?"
I said, "Sure. Accomplish."
She thought a bit harder and then asked, "May I have a sentence with that Miss?"
My response was, "Yes you may. I would like to accomplish my life goals."
She stuttered and thought for a long time and then asked...... "Could you spell that for me Miss?"
I had to hold back my laughter as I reminded her that to spell the word was HER job. :)


Each student did very well and two of my brightest students will represent in our school's competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment