Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who Knew I'd Be Rovercomer the Dog too!

Rovercomer the Faith Dog

Every Tuesday we have morning chapel for all fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students. Chapels are great times in the week for the children to come together to worship the Lord and learn from their wonderful teachers in a group setting. 


Chapels are always full of skits, games, and surprises. This week, I had the fun job of dressing up as "Rovercomer the Faith Dog" to talk about "Garbage In, Garbage Out" and the importance of guarding your heart.
The kids loved seeing Miss Webb only talk in "German Shepherd," which I have become quite fluent in. ;)
I love that my job description includes activities like these and I have the opportunity to be apart of something so creative, yet impacting. 


I also had to privilege to preach this week's sermon "Garbage IN, Garbage Out." We talked about how in Proverbs 4:23 it instructs us to "guard our hearts, because out of it flows the wellsprings of life."
Through the visuals of trash and candy, we demonstrated how we can have our lives be clean and sweet towards God instead of smelly and full of garbage.  


Asking for Volunteers

"Ethel" was my special helper

Showing the results of a heart of sin
Explaining how to dump out the trash in our hearts and be cleansed again


1 comment:

  1. Sorry for lyin to whoever but you know how it is then Like I'll post some comments here :P

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete