Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Way to Go Raul!!!!

As a class we have done some very fun Science projects lately.
The first was each student needed to replicate a huge flower on a poster board and name each part. The projects turned out beautifully as each student then decorated their flower with colored textures. I was very proud of them. :)
Sofia Aguilar's 

Katherine Sabillon's

Nissi Cerro's 

One student in particular really impressed me this week and his effort was an answer to prayer.
Raul is a very sweet student, but he becomes very distracted and does not complete his work in class. He loves to play, but seems very unmotivated to learn. Although his father is a doctor, he does  not have a mother involved in his life and his father is at the hospital until very late at night. This results in Raul not turning in his homework and he has been failing most of his classes.
However, we have been praying to see change in him and we have been encouraging him and supporting him with new strategies to learn while in school.

With this project, he put so much time and effort. He created his own flower out of wire, paint, paper towels, and yarn. What a masterpiece! I couldn't have been more proud to see this change in his demeanor and his enthusiasm  to learn, especially because this work was done at home.
Way to Go Raul!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. lol que I get it you know I don't speak Spanish I didn't pay attention in school </3

    Will you check back on me like please??? www.iridf.org

    My bad I was tone deaf or something thanks for the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all me though you like now about the legions. So there its mostly may You could probably say but I can't say.

    ReplyDelete