Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Monday, November 8, 2010

From Failing to an "A"

Rodrigo and Raul...... A Little Sweaty from the Jumpy on Children's Day :)
I could not be more proud to write about one of my most challenging students who received an "A" on his Spelling Quiz this past Friday! Normally, he has barely passing grades, so this is a huge victory for him!

Rodrigo is very special, but because of lack of supervision at home, his life is very chaotic. Normally his desk and belongings are a mess and he comes to school with stains on his clothing from the day before. He has been failing his quizzes and not completing his work in class. It was so hard to see these conditions from a student who is only in elementary school!
However, after a lot of talks with him and patiently working with him everyday - wow - has he improved!!!
It could not make me happier to see this success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment