Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Animals Gone Wild Series III: Unexpected Geckos in Unexpected Places

It was a typical Thursday afternoon and I was cleaning the classroom after the students left that day.
I after wiping down the tables, filing graded papers, and putting up the chairs, I usually walk around and make sure all the decorations are still in their place.
Today, however, one of the borders around our white board was falling off. I reached to pick it up off the ground and and flipped it over to add more tape to the back. To my great surprise, although the tape was not working very well to hang to the wall, it managed to hang onto something else.....

There, in the middle of a large piece of tape, sat a baby gecko looking as if it were trying to run away!!!!!! Stuck to the masking tape, it was frozen in mid- step.
I was shocked to see this little creature on the other side of our wall decorations! How long had he been there? And..... did we cause his death?

After examining the situation a little more, it looks like we did indeed cause this poor little gecko to see his last day. Probably while walking across our wall, he got stuck along the way.

This is just another intense of  wild animals we see here in Honduras day to day.

TO SEE A PICTURE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=220813497928744&set=t.562003175&type=1&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment