Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mission's Day!

Of all the events here at Agape Christian Academy, Mission's Day blew me away!

Each class from preschool to 11th grade is assigned a country a month prior to the event. They then learn about the demographics, politics, people groups, language, and religions of this country. It becomes a center piece in their learning and a prayer focus in their daily devotions.

The event itself is beautiful. Each class designs costumes and a dance performance to a praise song in that county's language. We saw performances from Thailand, Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands, Indonesia, and Venezuela just to name a few. My class represented Panama and they did  an excellent job! With the boys dressed in little cowboy hats and the girls in beautiful white and red traditional dresses, they couldn't have looked more adorable.


I was assigned to braid the girls' hair - I think I did nearly 80 braids!

Mrs. Frech and I - She is the girl costume and I am the boy costume

Getting ready to perform


Straight from Panama folks! ;)


Mrs. Membrano and Mrs. Galo - Indonesia
Indonesia - First Grade

Nuestra Champa! Our Tent Display!

Here we sold Panamanian Food and had a cultural display

2 comments:

  1. lol que yeah they got the minor league team called the San Antonio Missions its on the baseball video game the show right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://iridf.org/?s=iridf+deniers

    <4321 <3

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ITS A METAPHOR

    ReplyDelete