Like every other college graduate, I had my life planned out. Then, God changed everything by calling me to serve as a missionary in Honduras for a year..... a new culture, a new language, and new opportunities.... a whole new adventure!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in Honduras!

I'm back in Honduras safe and sound.
This transition was harder than I thought it would be. The first few days felt like a dream, but after the week passed, I feel back to normal again.
I officially made the last finishing touches to my grade book and handed it, and my wonderful Fourth Grade class, over to Mrs. Contreras who returned from her pregnancy leave.
It is sad not to be with the kids anymore, but with hugs from them everywhere I go and some still running up to me and giving me Christmas gifts, I still feel like their teacher. :)

Now, it's time to start a fresh season here, which makes our fast and prayer this week as a church  perfect timing. We are seeking the face of God to know His direction for our lives and the church this coming year. What a perfect way to start El Ano Nuevo!

"When you seek me, you shall find me, and I will show you GREAT and MIGHTY things that you did not know."  Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment:

  1. show me plz I hear the knocking and it aint John Knox. Found ur Chocolate Guinness last night <3

    ReplyDelete